Tung Wah Smallpox Hospital
The arch of the smallpox hospital have been relocated to Sai Ning Street Garden
Tung Wah Smallpox Hospital was originally The Tung Wah Hospital Kennedy Town Anti-Plague Clinic which established in 1899. In 1907, Tung Wah applied to the Government to change the clinic into a hospital for accommodating smallpox patients, and was officially opened in 1910. The Government proposed to take back the location of the Hospital in 1936 and set up an infectious disease hospital. Tung Wah decided to hand over the site to the Government in 1938. The Government then relocated the arch and the foundation stone of the smallpox hospital to the Sai Ning Street Garden, and they were identified by the Antiquities and Monuments Office as a Government Historic Site.
18 Sai Ning St, Kennedy Town