TWGHs Records and Heritage Office ("the Office") strives to protect your personal data, and strictly complies with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("the Ordinance").
Purpose of Data Collection
- The Office collects your personal data, such as name, contact information and payment method, in a fair and lawful manner, for the purpose of processing your service requests, including e-newsletter subscription, online enrolment of activities, user registration, product purchase, following up on your requests and providing you with the related services. With your consent, your personal data will be used for future correspondences, activities promotion, newsletters and collect opinion purposes etc.
- Provision of your personal data to the Office is purely voluntary. Some data which the Office requires you to provide is mandatory. If the personal data provided is not sufficient, the Office may not be able to process your application(s) or provide services to you.
Retention of Personal Data
- Personal data collected and maintained by the Office will be as true, accurate, current and complete information as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it is to be used.
- The Office maintains a personal data inventory, which contains the kinds of personal data that the Office holds, the purposes for which the personal data is collected, used and disclosed, and how the personal data is stored. The personal data inventory will be reviewed periodically to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Your personal data will only be retained for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes that the Office collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, the office will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which the Office process your personal data and whether the Office can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Should there be a need to retain personal data for statistical purposes, such personal data will be anonymised so that the individuals concerned can no longer be identified.
- The Office endeavors to take all practicable steps to ensure that all personal data it holds is protected, and against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other purposes.
Use of Personal Data
- The Office will never sell or rent your personal data to any third parties.
- The personal data you provided shall be handled by staff of the Office on a need-to-know basis. In addition, such members of staff may, when necessary, disclose your personal data to:
- Banks for execute your payment instruction and arrangements;
- Service providers, who is appointed by the Office and bounded by non-disclosure agreement, including but not limited to the information management system, courier services, and disposal of confidential document;
- Auditors hired by TWGHs or related governmental regulatory bodies for assessing the financial status and performance of TWGHs;
- Persons or institutions where disclosure is legally authorised or required.
- The Office would like to maintain connection with you to deliver the latest updates of the Office services and activities, as well as to collect your opinions, by email, phone or SMS. The Office shall not use your personal data for the above purposes unless you give your consent.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
- You have the right to request access to or correction of your personal data held by the Office at any time.
- When handling a data access or correction request, the Office will check the identity of the requestor to ensure that the requestor is the person legally entitled to make the data access or correction request.
- The Office maintains a logbook recording the data access or correction requests received as required under Section 27 of the Ordinance.
- To make a data access request, you should complete the form specified by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, which is available at https://www.pcpd.org.hk/english/resources_centre/publications/forms/forms.html, and submit the completed form to the Office by post, mail or in person. The Office may refuse a data access request in the circumstances specified in Section 20 of the Ordinance.
- In accordance with the Ordinance, the Office shall comply the data access request except for the erased personal data which is no longer required for the purpose. The Office shall give a reply and supply a copy of such data within 40 days upon receipt of the request. According to the Ordinance, the Office may charge a reasonable fee for doing so.
- The Office may deny requests for correction of personal data in the following circumstances where:
- the request is not in writing, either in Chinese or English;
- the Office is not provided with sufficient information to confirm that the requestor is the data subject or an authorised person;
- the Office cannot comply with the request without disclosing the personal data of a third party;
- the Office has reason to believe that the personal data it holds is not inaccurate;
- the Office is not provided with sufficient information to confirm that the personal data it holds is inaccurate;
- the Office has reason not to believe that the requested correction(s) is/are accurate;
- compliance with the request is for the time being prohibited under the Ordinance or any other applicable laws or regulations; or
- another data user controls the use of such data and prevents the Office from complying with such requests.
Linking with Third Parties
The Office's website may contain links to other sites hosted by third parties. Different rules may apply to their collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. These third-party sites may collect cookies which can identify you as an individual when you are logged in to their services. The Office do not control these cookies or how these sites collect and handle your personal data. The Office encourages you to review such third-party websites' policies before revealing any personally identifiable or sensitive information. The Office is not responsible for the content or privacy practices and policies of such other sites and under no circumstances shall the Office has any liability whatsoever for the activities conducted by or at any website accessed from or through the Office's website.
Enquiry and Contact
TWGHs Records and Heritage Office
|Telephone :||2770 0867|
|Fax :||2781 2492|
|Address :||Tung Wah Museum, Kwong Wah Hospital, 25 Waterloo Road, Kowloon|
|Office Hours :||Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. (except Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays)|
Chinese version of this statement is for reference only. In the event of any discrepancies or inconsistency between the English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.