Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all users of the website which is operated by TWGHs Records and Heritage Office (“the Office”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website. By using this website or any part of it, it represents that user has read these terms and conditions, as well as accepted and agreed to be bound by them.
- The Office shall make every effort to ensure the activities and information contained in this website are up to date. The Office may launch, revise, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the activity or any aspects of it at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice. Any changes or cancellation of the activity will be announced on this website.
- The Office shall make every effort to ensure that prices, details and sizes of products on this website are up to date. All orders are subject to confirmation of final availability. In the event that the Office is unable to fulfill any of the products or services in the order, the Office will notify the buyer by phone or email as early as possible.
- Prices charged for purchases on this website may be different from those charged in other channel(s).
- The prices charged are those applicable on the order day.
- The presentation and all contents of this website, including but not limited to names, likenesses, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, logos, symbols, marks, products and services, are subject to copyright, design rights, trademark and other intellectual property rights of the Office and/or third parties. Unauthorised use of these materials is strictly prohibited.
- User is authorised to use the content of this website for personal or non-commercial use only. User shall not reproduce, modify, transmit, store in a retrieval system, copy, license, distribute, publish or use in any manner any content on this website except for the authorised use.
- The Office specifically disclaims any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with user’s access to or use of the website, including but not limited to any loss or damage caused by viruses affecting user’s computer equipment or user’s reliance on information obtained through the website. By accessing this website, it represents that user has agreed to hold the Office harmless against any claims for damages arising from any decisions that user made based on the information on this website.
Registration for using website service
- User may be required to register before using the website services. During the registration:
- User agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about himself/herself as prompted by the registration;
- User must safeguard the username and password;
- The Office assumes that any person using the site with a username and password is either the user or someone is authorised to act for the user.
- The Office has the absolute discretion to refuse registration of a potential user and to terminate the registration of any user for any reason whatsoever.
- User must inform the Office immediately of any changes to the information that the user provided so that the Office can communicate with the user effectively.
- Payment Terms
- The Office accepts Visa, MasterCard, UnionPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) for payment.
- All product prices listed are in HK dollars.
- To provide secure online commerce transactions, the Office employs Internet's Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. It encrypts user’s personal information, including credit card number, name and address, so that it will not be read as the information travels over the Internet. To check Transport Layer Security (TLS) Certificate information, user can right click the mouse and choose "Properties" & "Certificates".
- The Office reserves the right to change the payment terms for any order without prior notice.
- Delivery Methods
- Self pick-up
- User will receive an email notification once the product(s) is/are ready for pick-up:
- Pick-up address : Tung Wah Museum, Kwong Wah Hospital, 25 Waterloo Road, Kowloon.
- Pick-up hours : Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. (except Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays)
- Please present the online receipt or order confirmation to collect the order. Please bring the recycle bag.
- SF Express – Delivery (Hong Kong only)
- User will be responsible for the delivery fee and settle the payment upon collecting the product(s). Please note that delivery fee is not reflected on the order. For enquiry regarding the delivery, please refer to https://htm.sf-express.com/hk/en/.
- If delivery is delayed, postponed or cancelled due to traffic, weather, different district or other factors, the Office will not be liable for any loss or damage, no matter whether the factor which causes the delay, postponement or cancellation is within the control of the Office or not.
- The Office reserves the right to decline delivery of product(s) to any buyer at the Office’s sole discretion absolutely.
- Self pick-up
- All risks in the product(s) shall pass to buyer upon delivery but the Office will retain title in the product(s) until full payment has been received.
- Policy for Exchange
- In any events, cancellation, change or refund is not allowed once the online order is confirmed.
- Buyer is requested to examine the product(s) immediately upon delivery. Please notify the Office within 3 working days of deliver about any manufacturing defects of the product for exchange. Overdue request will not be entertained. The buyer is required to submit the Product Exchange Form together with the photo(s) of the defective product to the Office. The product exchange request will be assessed and validated by the Office. Exception for exchange will be allowed for manufacture defect in the product only.
- If the Office determines, in its sole discretion, that the product has a manufacturing defect, buyer will be eligible to exchange the product. Please send back the product with the original receipt and original packing to the Office, in the following way:
- To make an exchange at the Office; or
- Buyer can arrange his/her own delivery service to ship the defective product back to the Office. The Office will not be responsible for any loss of the item during the delivery process (please note that if buyer makes a return using a method by delivery service, he/she will be responsible for all applicable costs and charges involved).
- The original receipt must be presented together with the defective product, or else the Office reserves the right to refuse product exchange.
- Product photos on this website are for reference only, and may deviate from the actual products due to the quality of the photos. Such deviations, if any, do not act as a ground for replacement and refund.
- In the event that the product returned is not faulty, the Office may at our discretion decide not to replace the product and/or the Office may require buyer to pay all reasonable carriage costs and servicing costs at our current standard fees and costs. To the extent permitted by law, the Office shall not be liable to buyer for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses as a result.
The Office shall not be liable for any delay or failure in its performance caused by or resulting from acts of God, fire, flood, accident, riot, war, government intervention, embargoes, strikes, labour difficulties, equipment failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Office.
The Office reserves the right to update these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
Enquiry and Contact
TWGHs Records and Heritage Office
|Telephone :||2770 0867|
|Fax :||2781 2492|
|Address :||Tung Wah Museum, Kwong Wah Hospital, 25 Waterloo Road, Kowloon|
|Office Hours :||Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. (except Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays)|
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Hong Kong"), the People's Republic of China and the Customer and the Office agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts. The Office may revise these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. If any dispute arises, the Office's determination shall be final.
Chinese version of these terms and conditions are for reference only. In the event of any discrepancies or inconsistency between the English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.